Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cell Phone Update....

The damn charger doesn't work! We'll i'm at least hoping it's the charger, because if i bought a bunk cell phone, there will be hell to pay (i'm not sure to whom, though. The nice guy at Gorbushka's failed to give me a reciept or any proof of purchase; surprise, surprise). Russians sure are some sneeky fuckers.




In other news, my introduction to Russian cuisine grows stranger and stranger...Last night, Tatiana Nikolaevna served me a side dish that she assured me was an absolute delicacy - the best way to describe it in English would be fish jello. Not in his wildest dreams could Bill Cosby had thought up such a strange and exotic jello creation. The taste was fine, deliciously fishy, but in all honesty, the texture left something to be desired. Tatiana N. assured me that there were even more tasty incarnations of the gelatine - the best of which was made from 'baranskii yazyk' (sheep tongue!).

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Misha Molodoi said...

hey, sorry, i didn't notice that there was a comment on that post before i erased it...this is my first attempt at a blog and i accidentally posted the same entry three times. when i was cleaning up the page i must have totally missed it. What did you have to say? please repost, i'd love to hear your comments!

sincerely blog illiterate,
misha

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger plee said...

Hey Misha,
All I can say is out of everyone I know who is abroad right now, you have had the strangest food (meaning, the fish jello). Even over someone I know in Senegal. And don't worry about not being "fashionable." You beat most Americans any day and when you come back you'll do so even more. :)

-Sannie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home